Emyr Evans A’I Gwmni Cyf is committed to protecting your personal information and complying with all applicable legislation in relation to data protection. This policy describes how we collect, use and disclose your personal information.
This policy applies to any personal information about you that you provide to Emyr Evans A’I Gwmni Cyf or which is provided to Emyr Evans A’I Gwmni Cyf by third parties.
The data controller in respect of personal information processed under this policy Emyr Evans A’I Gwmni Cyf (a company incorporated in Wales with company number 03775484) whose registered office is at Hafod Ty Hafodre, Pentrefoelas, Betws Y Coed, Gwynedd, LL24 0TB.
We have a Data Controller who you can contact on 01745 812333 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any comments or queries in relation to this policy or Emyr Evans A’I Gwmni Cyf use of your personal information.
WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
Emyr Evans A’I Gwmni Cyf collects personal information about you to provide you with our products and services and to improve and develop these for the future.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Emyr Evans A’I Gwmni Cyf collects the following types of personal information from you:
- Date of Birth
- Address and address history
- Contact details such as email address and telephone numbers
- Employment details
- Identifiers assigned to your computer or other internet connected device including your Internet Protocol (IP) address
- Vehicle and/or machine registration and identification numbers
- Telematics information about the location of your vehicle and/or machine
HOW DO WE RECEIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
Emyr Evans A’I Gwmni Cyf receives personal information about you:
- When you contact us directly, visit our website emyrevans.com, or use our social media channels, whether to apply for one of our products or services or to make an enquiry or other request.
- Emyr Evans A’I Gwmni Cyf is an approved dealer for many affiliated manufacturers. If you approach any of these manufacturers, they will provide us with your personal data based upon the machine specification and your geographical location.
- From third party websites of whom advertise our products and services e.g. Farm Machinery Locator, Farm Auto Trader.
HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
Emyr Evans A’I Gwmni Cyf and its group may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity and to identify you when you contact us.
- As a precursor to entering into or fulfilling a contractual obligation.
- To make decisions on credit, insurance and other facilities, about you, your financial associate(s), members of your business.
- To help to prevent fraud and money laundering.
- To help administer, and contact you about improved administration of, any accounts, services and products we have provided before, or provide now or in the future.
- Recover debts that you owe and trace your whereabouts.
- To carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling (including with transactional information), conduct research, including creating statistical information using data provided by you.
- To carry out statistical analysis to help with decisions about account management.
- To contact you for marketing purposes relating to products and services that we think will be of potential interest to you.
- Ensure any offers of legitimate interest provided to you are appropriate to your circumstances.
We retain the right, to access, view and interrogate any affiliated manufacturers telematics system operating on products that have been supplied by us. We may use this system to verify the location, mode of operation, service history or/any other information held on the system regarding operation and/or performance of such products.
WHO DO WE PROVIDE THIS PERSONAL INFORMATION TO?
Emyr Evans A’I Gwmni Cyf will provide your personal information to:
- Affiliated manufacturers if you are acquiring or are interested in acquiring their products.
- Financial services providers, such as our preferred supplier of finance facilities JCB Finance Ltd, AGCO Finance and De Lage Landen Leasing Limited.
- Fraud prevention agencies, trade bodies and credit reference agencies.
- Marketing providers.
- Third party debt collection agencies, insolvency practitioners and legal advisors.
- JCB Finance Ltd who provide machinery quotation software to us.
- Our service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as banking services and data management firms.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION?
All personal information we have about you is stored on secure servers operated by Emyr Evans A’I Gwmni Cyf. We may also keep certain paper records that are securely stored in lockable filing cabinets with limited access in secure premises.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
Emyr Evans A’I Gwmni Cyf will keep a copy of your personal information for as long as we have a contractual relationship with you, or from the point of a machine or product purchase, and for a period of 7 years thereafter. For personal information which is not linked to a machine purchase we will keep this for a period of 10 years from the date of the record. All SalesMaster quotes will be kept for 12 months from the point of quote.
We may keep your data for longer periods if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons. Maintaining your personal information for these periods allows us to keep accurate records for our legal obligations and to handle any future complaints.
Emyr Evans A’I Gwmni Cyf datacentres operate from within the European Economic Area (EEA) but some of our business partners and the fraud prevention agencies may be located outside the EEA.
Where we transfer customer’s personal information outside the EEA, we will ensure that it is protected in a manner that is consistent with how their personal information will be protected by us in the EEA. This can be done in a number of ways, for instance the country that we send the information to might be approved by the European Commission; or the business partner may have signed up to a contract based on “Standard Contractual Clauses” approved by the European Commission, obliging them to protect customers personal information. In all cases, however, we will ensure that any transfer of personal information is compliant with applicable data protection law.
You have the following rights in connection with your personal information processed by Emyr Evans A’I Gwmni Cyf:
- Access – you can request access to your personal information and further details about how your personal information is handled by Emyr Evans A’I Gwmni Cyf.
- Object – you have the right to object to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Rectification – you can request rectification of any incorrect personal data held about you.
- Erasure – you can request erasure of any personal data where the processing is based on explicit consent.
You have a right at any time to opt-out or withdraw consent of receiving marketing from us and/or to amend the delivery method we use. We will only use your personal information to send you marketing messages where we have your consent to market to you. In some cases we may market to you by electronic means (e.g. by email or text) where we have provided you with goods and services and would like to give you information about similar goods and services on the basis that we have a legitimate interest to market such goods and services to you where we think you would be interested in hearing about them. We will not do this if you have asked not to be contacted, e.g. where you have opted out of marketing.
To manage your rights and delivery preferences please follow the instructions in our marketing communications, enquiry forms or write to us at:
Post: Sales Department, Emyr Evans A’I Gwmni Cyf, Unit 9, Colomendy Industrial Estate, Denbigh, Denbighshire, LL16 5TA
Email us on: email@example.com
You can also exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided above.
If you are concerned or have questions about how Emyr Evans A’I Gwmni Cyf handles your personal data, please contact us and we will do our best to assist you. Please note that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (or any other appropriate supervisory authority), which may be accessed through the following link https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ .